Request a Presentation
We look forward to the opportunity to reach students in your classrooms and campus organizations. Please let us know if there is a particular program you need, but that you do not see listed below. We have a limit of 2 presentations per section, per term. We also request that you provide us at least THREE week's notice for presentations and please note that we have limited availability outside of the days/hours Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
We provide outreach presentations on the following topics:
- Overview of Career Services - we will go over what Career Services offers OSU students and encourage them to visit us early in their years at OSU (great presentation for first and second year students) - approximate length of presentation: 30-40 minutes
- Writing an Effective Resume and/or Cover Letter - we will go over the different resume formats and how to best market accomplishments for specific audiences to help students stand out from other applicants - approximate length of presentation: 45-50 minutes
- Interviewing Skills - interviewing takes preparation and practice and in this presentation we will go over ways to prepare, perform, and follow through like a pro during the interview process. We will introduce different types of interview questions and how to respond in an organized manner, highlighting accomplishments - approximate length of presentation: 45 minutes
- Job and/or Internship Search Strategies - overview of a variety of job and/or internship search strategies and begin the process of selecting the strategies that make the most sense for you. Learn how to maximize the job search resources available at OSU and beyond - approximate length of presentation: 30-40 minutes
- General Career Exploration - we will explain the importance of exploring careers and how to do so while in college - approximate length of presentation: 30-40 minutes
- Self Assessment - Learn About Yourself - Who are you and what are your interests? - before giving the presentation, students/participants will complete the full personality and interest assessments in the Sigi 3 program (it's free!). Each assessment takes less than 15 minutes. Then schedule Career Services to come in and go over the results of the assessment in a group format.
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) - this is a personality assessment that's often used in career counseling. It's one extra helpful tool for students to learn about themself and the kind of work settings that may feel most natural, and also helps them understand how to approach the career decision-making process. You can have your students take the MBTI assessment and then we can come in and go over their results in a group format. NOTE: the MBTI assessment costs $14 per student to complete - approximate length of presentation: 45 minutes
- Strong Interest Inventory - this assessment can help students gain a better awareness of their career-related interests. It is one of the most popular personality assessment tools. You can have your students take the assessment and then we can come in and go over their results in a group format. NOTE: the Strong Interest Inventory assessment costs $14 per student to complete - approximate length of presentation: 45 minutes
- Beaver JobNet Tutorial - will go over how to use Beaver JobNet, OSU's job and internship search database system and demonstrate many features the system offers - approximate length of presentation: 15-20 minutes
- Networking - these days networking is so important in the job search. In this presentation you will learn strategies to build your network and hopefully increase opportunities for your career - approximate length of presentation: 45 minutes
- Professional Dress - learn more about what it means to dress professionally including tips about what to wear to an interview - approximate length of presentation: 40-50 minutes
- Using Social Media in Your Job Search - these days you must be creative in how you find a job...this presentation will go over some new techniques including how social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Blogging can be great tools in the job search process - approximate length of presentation: 45 minutes
- Weighing Job Offers and Salary/Benefits Negotiation - learn about what to consider before taking a job and how to negotiate salary and benefits effectively: 40-50 minutes