Specific Student Populations
When approaching the job or internship search process, as well as the entire career exploration process, it's important to consider the climate you'll be working in. Numerous resources exist targeted towards students of diverse demographic backgrounds, and include networking sites, search engines, and information on the best companies to work for. We hope you find the following resources helpful.
General Diversity Resources:
- 40 Best Companies for Diversity - Seventh Annual Diversity Package Reveals Organizations Successfully Embracing Inclusion Across Four Key Areas: Board of Directors, Employee Base, Senior Management and Supplier Diversity.
- Job Listings for Diverse Populations- search engines of job listings.
- Riley Guide Diversity - resources specifically set up to meet the needs or address the interests of various groups, such as women, persons of varied nationalities or ethnic backgrounds, etc.
- Diversity/Careers in Engineering and Information Technology - Articles cover career issues for experienced and new-grad engineers and information technology professionals in the diverse technical workforce. All articles feature technical pros who are members of minority groups, women or people with disabilities.
- Diversity.com - source for recruiting job seekers from diverse ethnic cultures, life styles, life stages, creative persuasions, abilities, religious affiliations and gender. Diversity.com provides best in class recruitment advertising and diversity branding.
- Diversity Jobs - Here, we interview minority professionals who developed street smarts for swimming against the tide – to go where they wanted. Learn from them! It won’t be easy – discrimination causes deep and emotional reactions. But, for most of us, it’s not helpful or even enough to just ‘be yourself’. We have to learn what works, and replace what comes naturally with what works in the real world. Many, have done this and you can too!
- Hire Diversity - the Nation´s leading online service for diversity recruitment and career development. Provides top quality services and networking opportunities, while linking under-represented candidates with Fortune 1000 Corporations, Government Agencies, and Non-Profit/Educational Institutions.
- Minority Nurse - We provide resources and information pertaining to education, career development and minority health for the growing population of minority nurses in America.
- Minority Career Network - designed to help corporate recruiters find qualified minority applicants, and to help minority professionals find positions that best suit their needs, aptitudes and interests.
- IMDiversity - the One-Stop Career and Self-Development Site Devoted to Serving the Cultural and Career-Related Needs of Underrepresented Minorities.
- EqualityMagazines.com - an online resource for diversity and minority groups to find job opportunities from employers that are actively recruiting them
Additional Specialized Resources for:
Resources at OSU:
- Intercultural Student Services - is committed to the access and retention of underrepresented and multiple identity students by providing facilities, cultural programs, activities, support services, and leadership development opportunities.
- International Student Advising and Services - Oregon State University (OSU) has long welcomed international students. During an academic year, OSU has more than 1300 international students from more than 90 different countries.
- Diversity Development - is responsible for the four Cultural Centers at Oregon State University. The Centers are committed to the retention of underrepresented students by providing facilities, events, activities, support services, and leadership development opportunities for students.